Process for creating and managing thresholds in StruxureWare Data Center Expert.
StruxureWare Data Center Expert (DCE)
StruxureWare Central (SWC)
InfraStruXure Central (ISXC)
StruxureWare Data Center Expert (all versions)
StruxureWare Central (all versions)
InfraStruXure Central (all versions)
Custom thresholds need to be created for most third-party devices that are added into DCE. APC devices have device alerts by default, but can still have additional thresholds created for them within DCE.
Creating Custom Thresholds
Editing or Deleting Custom Thresholds
Creating a Custom Threshold
1) Open the DCE client and go to the Monitoring perspective.
2) Within the Device Groups pane, select a group that has the device you would like to create a custom threshold for.
3) Within the Device View pane, right-click on a device and select View Device Sensors. The sensors that are listed are what a custom threshold can be created on. Select OK when finished.
4) Right-click on the device and select Create Thresholds. Select the type of sensor that you wish to create a custom threshold for.
5) Select the threshold type you wish to define.
6) Check the box for the sensors of this type you wish to create thresholds for.
7) Provide a descriptive name to the threshold and define its values. Select next when finished.
8) Select the Notification Policies that this threshold should be added to for alarm notifications.
You can add custom defined thresholds to more than one Notification Policy.
Editing or Deleting a Custom Threshold
1) Open the DCE client and go to the Alarm Configuration perspective.
2) Select the device within the Device Groups pane.
3) In the Threshold Alarm Configurations pane will be a list of the custom thresholds for this device. Expand down the threshold tree and right-click on the threshold you wish to edit or delete and select the corresponding action.