Missing APC UPS device drivers.
A USB driver for communications between APC UPS and Windows OS is pre-installed in the Windows OS. The drivers should load automatically once the APC UPS has been connected to the computer using the proper USB cable. If the driver does not load, please review Video: How to verify USB communications between UPS and Windows OS using UsbDeview.exeNOTE:
The PowerChute APC UPS driver is bundled with the PowerChute installer. The APC UPS driver will be available when PowerChute has been installed. If the APC UPS driver is unavailable, run the PowerChute installer with a UPS connected via USB to install the driver.
Or, download the attached ApcUpsUsbDriver.zip. Un-compress the zip and follow the instruction provided in the Readme.pdf. Product Line:
PowerChute Business Edition
PowerChute Personal Edition
PowerChute Serial ShutdownEnvironment:
Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows Server Core, Windows 2012, 2016, 2019, 2022Cause:
Drivers did not load.Solution:
To change from HID UPS driver to APC UPS:
- Go to the Windows Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Computer Management.
- From the left-side panel in the Computer Management dialog, under System Tools select Device Manager, then Batteries - . You should see a driver called APC UPS or APC Battery BackUP. If you don't see either of these drivers, you must install the driver by proceeding with the steps below.
- Double-click on "HID UPS Battery".
- Click on the Driver Tab
- Click on the "Update Driver..." button.
- Chose the option to browse for the driver software or install the driver from a list. The option presented will depend on the operating system you are installing the driver on.
- When presented with Search for driver software in this location and Let me pick from a list of device drivers click on Let me pick from a list of device drivers.
- Select APC UPS or APC Battery BackUP from the list of drivers.
- On some operating systems, a reboot of the system is required before the device will work properly. If requested please reboot the system.