18 October 2021
Need to use Series E Configurator software to configure SCADAPack RTU. But first, need to know how to set up communications between Series E Configurator software and my SCADAPack RTUProduct Lines
Series E Configurator
Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10, on 32-bit or 64-bit Operating SystemCause:
- Factory Reset the RTU
- Open Series E Configurator and create a new project. I am using a 535e SCADAPack RTU today.
- Communicate via USB by going to the communication drop-down menu and select USB.
- Read the RTU configuration.
- Once the RTU configuration has been read into your RTU click on the general status page. In here you can see many properties of the RTU. If you press refresh it will update your up time and you can also see your input voltage and whether it is normal or out of range.
- Set the RTU up for Serial communication
- Open the ports folder on the left-hand side.
- The DNP address of a factory reset RTU is zero. Change this to a unique number. This needs to be unique because if we have two RTUs at DNP address 12 on the network and you try to communicate with slave device 12, the master will get confused and not know where to send that information.
- Set the port 2 functions for serial communication.
- Write your new DNP address to your RTU. Once the write is complete go to the communication drop down box and select serial.
- Click on your communications setting icon. Make sure your parameters are the same as your port 2 functions and that your communication with the correct com port.
- Try to refresh your page. It will fail because you haven’t updated your target DNP address. So, update this, then go into controller status and refresh your page again and see the traffic light come back to green
- Set the RTU up for Ethernet communication
- Open TCP/IP page then add your IP address to Ethernet 1. The IP address must be on the same subnet as the rest of your network and the final number must be unique. Enter a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0
- Change the IP Address of your computer to be on the same subnet as your RTU
- Write the IP address to the RTU.
- Now go to the communication drop down box select TCP click on the communication box and enter your IP address and the TCP port number of the RTU is 20000. Refresh your page again and you’ll see the traffic light come back to green if the communication has been set up correctly.