23 January 2023
The following two steps
will enable your Geo SCADA server along with the accompanying ViewX Client that is embedded within the server for usage on the same host machine as the server. Please note that the embedded ViewX client within the server needs to be activated separately using the same license file.Step One – Server Activation:
- Save the attached License File onto your computer (It is suggested that you save your license file in the same folder as the Geo SCADA installation)
- Start the Geo SCADA server using the Service Manager or by right clicking the server icon in the bottom right of the screen and selecting Start Server.
- Right click on the server icon and select ‘License Details’ from the pop-up menu to view the following window:
Please note: the ‘0’ within the ViewX client field is a default setting that will not affect the enabling of the embedded ViewX client in the upcoming section. If server side floating ViewX clients have been purchased for Geo SCADA, this is where the purchased quantity will appear.Step Two – Embedded ViewX Client Activation:Important Note
- Click Change to browse to the license file that was provided by the TRSS licensing team and saved to your hard drive per previous instructions.
- Select file and click open:
- Double check that license features such as point size, web client and/or applicable drivers are listed in their respective fields.
- Before proceeding with the following procedure, please ensure that the ViewX client is closed.
- Click the Windows Start Menu, highlight EcoStruxure Geo SCADA and select Configure Connections.
- The Geo SCADA ‘Client Dialog’ will appear - Click on the ‘Licenses’ button:
- The following screen will appear:
- Click the browse button (… right of the license file field) and browse to the same file used to activate the server in the previous step.
- Select file and click open.
- Click on “Apply” and then click “Refresh”. The license should now show as valid.
- Click on the OK button and close the ‘Client Licensing’ dialog.
- (Re)start the ViewX client by clicking the ViewX icon on your desktop.
If at this point you are receiving an error message stating “insufficient licenses available for client” you want to make sure that your Geo SCADA Client Configurator has the “Use Client Licensing” option showing a checkmark.