09 March 2022
nSt on an Altivar Process Drive.
Altivar Process Drive (ATV630, ATV930, ATV650, ATV950, ATV660, ATV960, ATV680, ATV980)
All Product Lines for the Altivar Process Drive
NST = Drive state for freewheel stop.
- Check Freewheel Stop Assignment. [Complete settings] [Generic functions] [Stop configuration] [Freewheel stop ass.] If a digital input is assigned, check the state of that input.
- Pushing the "STOP" key on the HMI will trigger nSt if your run command is coming from the terminal inputs. Cycle drive power to clear it.
- If a run command is present when power is applied to the drive and tCt (2 wire type) is not set to LEL (level), nSt will be triggered.
- Check 2 wire type [Complete settings] [Command and Reference] [2-wire type]
- If drive is in a Network setting and the parameter Control Mode [CHCF] is set to Separate or Not Separate then nSt may show until a run command is given.
- Measure 24V to COM and make sure you have 24Vdc present.
- Check 4-20mA Loss setting and see if it's set to freewheel stop.
- Check External Error Response [Complete Settings] [Error/Warning Handling [External error] and see if it's set to freewheel stop.