28 September 2021
IGBT desaturation HDF fault on the ATV61 and ATV71 drives.
Altivar ATV61 and ATV71
Short circuit or grounding on the output phases
Transistor IGBT is shorted out.
-Check the motor insulation and wiring. Use a 1000V Megger and test your motor.
-Run the Transistor test in the Diagnostics menu 1.10:
From the Drive menu,
- Scroll down to the Diagnostics menu and press enter
- Scroll down to Test Procedures and press enter
- highlight Transistor Test and press enter
-Perform a static check on the drive. Refer to this article for details: https://www.schneider-electric.com/en/faqs/FA173615/
-Try running the drive open circuit:
- Turn off OPL (menu 1.8 Fault Management, set OPL to no)
- Power down
- Disconnect the motor leads
- Power up the drive
- Running the motor at 20, 40, and 60hz. Check the output voltages (phase to phase) at each speed to see if they are balanced.