12 December 2022
How do I download to removable media (SD Card, Compact Flash Card or USB Memory Stick) using Vijeo Designer?
Vijeo Designer, Harmony/Magelis HMI
Configuration software on Windows PC and physical HMI
To download to removable media (SD Card, Compact Flash Card, or USB Memory Stick) using Vijeo Designer for the purposes of downloading to a Harmony/Magelis HMI later, follow these steps:
- Insert the removable media into your PC (a card reader may be required).
- Format the removable media in FAT32 format in Windows.
- Open your project in Vijeo Designer.
- In the Navigator pane, click on the name of the HMI ("Target1" by default).
- In the General Tab, next to Download choose File System.
- Set the IP for the Target HMI (where applicable).
- Initiate a Download as you would normally (right-click on the name of the HMI, and select "Download to (File System)…"
- Once the above completes, you can see the files required for download to the HMI in Windows Explorer.
- Eject the removable media from the PC.
- Transport the removable media.
- Plug it into the HMI (a power cycle may be necessary for SD and CF Cards).
- The HMI will show a prompt to ask if you wish to download the project to the HMI. Follow the instructions on the screen from this point.
Please review this video and the HTML help screenshots that follow: