23 January 2021
This document describes what to look for in an legacy airflow unit if you discover a loud noise or squealing noise.Product line:
Airflow, AFX, CCT, CM, TC.Environment:
All Product models, all serial numbers. Cause:
Possible fan or motor bearing noise. Resolution:
Loud noises or squealing coming from unit is usually indicative of a fan issue.
- Bearings need to be check for proper lubrication.
- Blower wheel and housing need to be checked for alignment.
- Fan belt and motor pulley. Check for worn belt or dirty and grease on the pulley.
- Check for cracks in the motor adjustment plate.
- Ensure that the motor is secure to the motor adjustment plate.
- Verify motor amperage to the namplate (overheating).
- NOTE: most bearings are a sealed cartridge style which need to be replaced, pillow block bearings should be greased accordingly.