How do you remove the coil on TeSys LC1F F series contactors?
TeSys F Line Contactors and Accessories
North American Products
Would like to remove the coil from an F line contactor
- Ensure power is off
- Remove wires to the coil
- Locate the blue or orange button* at the edge of the metal enclosure on the line side of the contactor
- Be sure there is sufficient clearance beside the contactor to allow the coil to slide out of its location. The coil assembly is the full width of the contactor.
- Locate the slot in that blue or orange button.
- Depress and hold the button with a flat bladed screwdriver.
- Slide the button toward the outside of the enclosure. It is part of the coil assembly. The coil will move with it.
To replace the coil, slide the replacement coil into place. The button should pop into the cutout on the coil enclosure. This action will securely lock the coil into the proper position.
*Current design devices will have a blue button, the older design devices have orange buttons.