How do I decide between a Bluetooth device and its Zigbee equivalent?
30 September 2021
Since Bluetooth is a point to point connection where your phone connects to the device directly, Bluetooth devices are more suited to fundamental in-room control, such as:
Zigbee devices provide a more holistic solution for the homeowner, supporting features such as the potential to:
- On/Off or Dimming Control using the Wiser by SE app
- Setting a timer, run on timer or 24/7 Schedule.
Please be aware that Zigbee devices will require a Wiser Hub.
- Turn all lights in their house on/off, or operate multiple different devices from one tap of a button, also known as a Moment
- Implement if this then that operations, also known as an Automation
- Integrate with third-party voice controllers: Google, Alex and Siri (please see the FAQ on voice control for more information)
- Allow remote control of your home from anywhere in the world