The Network Connectivity Fundamentals – Twisted Pair Standards and Conformance Testing Course provides the necessary understanding of the requirements for infield testing of high performance twisted pair telecommunication cabling (Cat and above) to meet Standards, customer and certification requirements. The course provides an easy to understand format at the field staff installing and testing Twisted Pair installations.
Formal training time…1 day theory/practical.
Primarily for…Communication cabling contractors, Installers, Testing Staff, those who are responsible for establishing compliance to standards and specifications.
You need to have…Experience in the installation of twisted pair communication cabling and termination.
Objectives and Content
The objective of this course is to provide a clear understanding of changes to the industry standards along with the correct testing of twisted pair installations; quickly address faults; and understand new test methods and requirements
The Network Connectivity Fundamentals – Twisted Pair Standards and Conformance Testing Course will cover the following content:
- Standards updates on the implementation of AS/NZS11801.x which replaces AS/NZS3080 – what’s changed
- Conformance assessment requirements – what’s needed
- Tests required, cause of faults and fault rectification methods – how to fix it
- Cable types and selection criteria – what needs to be installed
- Minimum requirements for common applications – what cable is needed for an application
- Risk Minimisation – what are the risks
- Fit for purpose obligation (S009)
- Emerging technologies – what’s new that maybe asked for
- Modular plug terminated links
- DC Resistance un-balanced
- Disconnect underload
- Service consolidation points (SCP)
- Methods to address Alien Crosstalk without testing – meet the requirement without the work
- Tester setup and practical – check that you know how
After successful completion of this training course, you have been recognised to have required skills to carry out testing and resolve issues to establish installation conformance for twisted pair installations.
A Certificate of Attendance will be award for successful candidates.
The successful completion of this course is a prerequisite to obtaining EcoExpert Qualifications.