Video: How to recover the system on the Magelis HMIGTU Series?
The goal of this resolution is to provide the system recovery resource that can be used to backup and recover the Magelis HMIG3U, HMIG5U and HMIG5U2. All the HMIGTU series have their firmware stored on a System SD Card.
1) Power off the HMIGTU
2) Remove the System SD card from the HMIGTU (this SD card slot is labeled "SYSTEM CARD" on the outer casing of the HMI).
3) Insert the SD card into an SD Card Reader on your office PC
4) Launch the Backup Recovery Tool (BackupRecovery.exe)
5) In the "File Name" field, choose the recovery image file (.bin) for your type of HMIGTU
6) Select the Drive Letter from the dropdown list to match that of your SD Card that you inserted
7) Click "Recovery" and then [Yes] when you are prompted to continue this process
8) The .bin image will be written to the SD card. Please wait and do not remove the SD Card during this time.
9) Once the process is done, a message will appear "Quit he application, and eject the drive from the PC."
10) Eject the SD card from your PC
11) Insert it back into the HMIGTU
12) Power on the HMIGTU as per normal.
Backup Recovery Tool - "BackupRecovery.exe"
Backup Recovery User Manual - "Backup Recovery User Manual.pdf"
You can also find an pre-made recovery image file that will reset the HMIG3U back to V6.2 SP3.1 state here: