User is trying to read the state of digital inputs from a Modbus register in an ION meter
PowerLogic ION Power Meters with ION framework
ION Setup 3.0
Below are steps shown in the video that will help you read the state of your digital inputs on ION meter.
1) Open ION Setup and add the ION meter in it.
2) Press Ctrl and then click on the ION meter. This will open advanced setup for your ION meter.
3) Once you see all the options in advanced setup, click on Digital In Module.
4) Then open the digital input you want and go under setup registers. Make sure the port is set to what you have your input physically wired to in the meter. For example if I have my D1-S1 set to DI1, then here is what I should have.
This way you can set the port for all your digital inputs.
5) Once you have done that then you have to go back to basic setup. Press Ctrl and click on your meter again to go back to basic setup. Open the setup assistant and choose the following options shown on the screen.
Make sure Modbus slave tab is selected. Now click on Edit.
6) When you click on edit, it will display you a list of registers that are already setup for viewing by default. Click on add to add a new register for your digital Inputs.
7) When you click on add, it will display you the first register that is available. This is the register you will use to read the state of whatever DI you have linked it to. Change the format to packed Boolean and the scaling to none.
8) Then click on select and scroll down to the digital input module. Expand it by clicking the + button on the left. You will see an option to expand the digital inputs inside it if you have linked it to a port. In this case only D1-S1 and D2-S2 are linked to a port. Expand an input, select the state and click ok.
9) When you press ok you will see your particular Digital input in the list with 2 registers. The 2 registers is standard for Boolean format.
10) This way you can add all the inputs and after the last one is added click ok on the screen where the whole register list is and this will reprogram your Modbus map and you will be able to read the state of your digital inputs from the register you added it to.