Remove the front main cover on the ATV61/71 drives.Product Line:
Altivar ATV61 ATV71Environment:
Needs to know how to remove the front cover to replace it or to add an option card.Resolution:
Push in the two front tabs at the top of the drive while pulling the top cover toward you.
Tools needed: Flathead screwdriver.
"Please check that the USB cable between your battery backup and PC is properly connected" or "Unknown Device"
BACK-UPS ES, BACK-UPS CS, BACK-UPS USB, BACK-UPS PRO, BACK-UPS NS, BACK-UPS XS, BACK-UPS RS
This problem may occur with the following APC Battery Back-UPS:
BE350U, BE500U, BE725BB, BE450G, BE550G, BE650G1, BE750G, BP350UC, BP500UC, BP500CLR, BP700UC, BK350, BK500,
BX1000x, BX1500x, BR1000x or BR1500x.
Windows 98/ME: hidclass.sys, hidparse.sys, hidusb.sys
Windows 2000 or XP: hidclass.sys, hidparse.sys, hidusb.sys, hid.dll, pid.dll
Note: All of these drivers must be the same version. These drivers can be installed from your corresponding Windows CD.
1. Ensure that the USB communication cable is properly attached between the UPS and your PC.
2. Check to see if the UPS shows up as an Unknown Device in the Device Manager. (Start - Settings - Control Panel - System - Device Manager) Once in Device Manager click on the drop-down box to the left of Universal Serial Bus Controllers. Does Unknown Device show up here? If so, right click on this device and choose the uninstall option.
3. Disconnect the USB cable from your PC.
4. Shut down the PC.
5. Cycle power to the UPS by turning off and turning on the UPS. Note: Ensure the PC has completed shutting down prior to cycling power to the UPS.
6. Once the UPS has come back to the on-line mode of operation you can reboot your PC.
7. Once your PC has completely finished rebooting plug the USB cable back into your PC.
8. Ensure that your PC properly recognized the APC UPS correctly. To determine this access the Device Manager. Do you see listings as Batteries and Human Interface Device? If so, the PC did recognize the UPS correctly. If not, you'll need to ensure that the HID drivers are already installed. The operating systems and corresponding drivers are as follows:
9. If the USB cable is plugged into a USB hub try plugging the USB cable directly into the USB port on the PC itself.
10. If other USB devices are connected to the PC disconnect these devices before connecting the UPS USB cable and retry steps 1-8.
11. Reboot your PC. After reboot, did your PC recognize the UPS or are you still receiving the initial message of ""Please check that the USB cable between your battery backup and PC is properly connected""? If so, there are a few parameters of your PCs BIOS that need to be changed in order for your PC to recognize the USB device as an APC UPS after each boot. These changes are as follows:
Advanced Power Management Needs to be disabled
USB Legacy Device Needs to be enabled
Note: An APC representative cannot make changes or assist customers in making changes to the BIOS, as it is a liability to APC. The BIOS of your PC is both manufacturer and model specific. Consultation with the Original Equipment Manufacturer is advised in making these changes.
The Homeowner has access to all functions. Administrator has access to all functions except the ability to transfer the homeowner rights, delete the home and granting administrator rights to other members. A common member only has access to operate devices, receive notifications (alarm, moment/automation trigger, device added/removed and invite) from a home, configure device settings and schedules.
We get asked this a lot – and rightly so. We all want to be as efficient with our energy and reduce our energy bills. Easy ways you can make immediate savings are:
- Installing LED lights – they use less energy, last longer and lower your environmental impact.
- Stop paying for standby power – even when your devices are on ‘standby mode’ they’re using power. If you’re not using them, turn them off.
- Check your devices’ eco settings – and turn them on! They’ll save power for you.
If you’re looking for a long-term solution, check out our Wiser Energy Management options or speak with your electrician about the best options for you. Installing Wiser Energy management solutions allows you to use the Wiser by SE app and keep track of your usage, maximise your solar, and save on bills.
You can find more tips on how you can save on your electricity bill each month here.