The Com'X 200, Com'x 210, and Com'X 510 have two Ethernet ports and a user may be unsure how to use each of the ports.
Com'X 200 (EBX200)
Com'X 210 (EBX210)
Com'X 510 (EBX510)
Com'X 200/210/510 Ethernet Networking
A user may be confused about which port to use for an application.
The Com'X features 2 Ethernet ports:
The Ethernet ports can be configured in 2 modes:
1) Switch mode: in this case both Ethernet ports share a common configuration.
2) Upstream/downstream mode: both Ethernet ports are configured separately.
1) In switch mode, both Ethernet ports have the same settings. Using 2 ports simplifies wiring:
- Ethernet 1 can be connected to a switch on a local network.
- Ethernet 2 can be used to connect a PC for configuration operations or to connect a data collection device locally with an Ethernet port.
2) In upstream/downstream mode, the 2 Ethernet ports have different settings and function independently:
- Ethernet 1 must be used for data publishing. It can be also configured in DHCP Client mode or static IPv4 address mode.
- Ethernet 2 must be used for data collection. It can be configured as DHCP client, static IPv4 address, or DHCP server.
Note: The Com'X can also utilize power over Ethernet (PoE). Ethernet 1 port should be used for PoE. View the Technical Datasheet attatched for more details.