Video: How to recover the system on the Magelis HMIGTU Series?
Magelis HMIG5U, HMIG5U2, HMIG3U, HMIG3X
The goal of this resolution is to provide the system recovery resource that can be used to backup and recover the Magelis HMIG3U, HMIG3X, HMIG5U and HMIG5U2. All the HMIGTU (except HMIG2U) series have their firmware stored on a System CFast or System SD Card.
1) Power off the HMIGTU.
2) Remove the System CFast or System SD card from the HMIGTU (this SD card slot is labeled "SYSTEM CARD" on the outer casing of the HMI).
3) Insert the CFast or System SD into a CFast (Type 1.0) or SD Card Reader on your office PC.
4) Launch the Backup Recovery Tool (BackupRecovery.exe).
5) In the "File Name" field, choose the recovery image file (.bin) for your type of HMIGTU.
6) Select the Drive Letter from the dropdown list to match that of your CFCard or SD Card that you inserted.
7) Click "Recovery" and then [Yes] when you are prompted to continue this process
8) The .bin image will be written to the CFast or SD card. Please wait and do not remove the CFast or SD Card during this time.
9) Once the process is done, a message will appear "Quit he application, and eject the disk from the PC."
10) Eject the Cfast or SD card from your PC
11) Insert it back into the HMIGTU's system slot (the one close to the screen-mount side)
12) Power on the HMIGTU as per normal.
Backup Recovery Tool - "BackupRecovery.exe"
Backup Recovery User Manual - "Backup Recovery User Manual.pdf"
You can also find an pre-made recovery image file that will reset the HMIG3U back to V6.2 SP3.1 state here