The following procedure describes how to configure an Ethernet communications link between Eth1 on the rPAC and the SCADAPack E Configurator computer.
To Configure an Ethernet Communications Link
- Plug the USB cable from the computer to the USB port of the SCADAPack 535E to write configurations.
- Using a CAT5 UTP cable, connect Eth1 on the rPAC to a switch, a hub, or a wall outlet for your LAN.
- Confirm that the SCADAPack E Configurator computer is also connected to the LAN.
- If the SCADAPack E Configurator software is not already running, launch it by selecting Start > All Programs > Schneider Electric > SCADAPack E > SCADAPack E Configurator and choosing your rPAC.
The SCADAPack E Configurator main window opens as shown below.
SCADAPack E Configurator Main Window
SCADAPack E Configurator TCP/IP Property Page
- In the SCADAPack E Configurator software, expand the TCP/IP folder then select the TCP/IP property page.
- Enter the IP Address and Subnet Mask obtained from your network administrator.
- Then Write the configuration to the RTU and wait for the RTU to restart.