The purpose of this document is to explain the procedure for configuring the Twido Ethernet gateway 499TWD01100 using TwidoSuite software.
499TWD01100 Ethernet gateway
Serial cable 31005726 01 cable included with 499TWD01100 gateway
Ethernet patch cable.
ConneXium Ethernet switch.
TSXCUSB485 USB to RJ45 adapter
TSXCRJMD25 serial cable
1) Configure the Twido port for Modbus slave and assign a node address
2) Insert the Ethernet Interface (aka 499TWD01100 Ethernet Gateway)
3) Assign an IP address. I
IP address and Gateway address should be identical is the no Gateway is present.
4) Link the 499TWD01100 Gateway to the Twido Modbus serial port 1.
5)Using the TSXCUSB485 USB to RS485 adapter and the TSXCRJMD25 cable connect to the Twido and transfer this TwidoSuite configuration created in steps 1 through 4. The rotary switch on the TSXCUSB485 should be set to 2 TER Direct. The Modbus Driver should be pointing to the virtual com port showing TSXCUSB485 Ready.
6) Disconnect TwidoSuite from PLC.
Connect the serial cable included with the 499TWD01100 between the Twido port com 1 and the gateway. The 499TWD01100 is powered from the Twido port. Make sure to use the cable provided in the package and label as 31005726 01.
7) Connect the Ethernet cable. After initialization the gateway Status and Link should be green solid.
Legacy KB System (APS) Data: RESL212433 V1.0, Originally authored by GeMc on 09/04/2013, Last Edited by GeMc on 09/04/2013
Related ranges: Twido