A user would like to know what versions of SQL server are supported by PME 7.2.x
Power Monitoring Expert 7.2.x
PME 7.2.x SQL Server Support
A user wants to know if SQL 2012 Standard, Enterprise or Express is compatible with PME. In addition, user wants to know if SQL 2012 SP2 (service pack 2) Standard, Enterprise or Express is compatible with PME 7.2.2.
Power Monitoring Expert (PME) 7.2
- SQL 2012 is not supported on standalone system (i.e. PME and SQL 2012 are on same server)
- SQL 2012 may be used with Power Monitoring Expert (PME) 7.2 only if it is a distributed system (i.e. PME is on one server and SQL 2012 is on a different server).
- SQL 2012 Standard or Enterprise are supported but not express. The installation procedure will be the same as SQL 2008 R2 in the Power Monitoring Expert 7.2 Installation Guide
- Please review the "What's new in PME7.2" PowerPoint attached along the article.
Power Monitoring Expert (PME) 7.2.2
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard and Enterprise versions, and SQL Server 2012 Standard/Enterprise SP1 editions are now supported on standalone and distributed system. SQL Server 2012 Express SP1 Edition is only supported on standalone system.
- Please review the "What's new in PME 7.2.2" document attached along the article for more information.
SQL 2012 standard/enterprise is supported with PME 7.2.2; however, there are couple things to know before updating the SQL 2012 to SP2.
Case 1: If customer has installed the PME 7.2.2 and currently has SQL 2012 SP1, then they can just upgrade their SQL to SP2 and there will no problem.
Case 2: If the customer doesn't have PME 7.2.2 installed yet then they will have to follow one of two scenarios listed below:
a) Scenario 1: Customer can install SQL 2012 standard with SP1 and run the PME 7.2.2 installer. Once, PME 7.2.2 installer runs successfully, then upgrade the SQL 2012 to SP2.
b) Scenario 2: If customer upgrades the SQL 2012 standard to SP2 then they will have to configure the broker files which will bypass checking the SQL version and PME 7.2.2 installer will not error it out.
(NOTE: If the broker files are not configured and customer tries to run PME 7.2.2 installer with SQL 2012 SP2, then PME 7.2.2 installer will give you error.)
For instructions on modifying the broker file, please follow the steps outlined in the knowledge base article FA233769
As a result, SQL 2012 SP2 is supported but make sure the process is followed correctly when upgrading the SQL 2012 to Service Pack 2.