15 October 2021
By default, Power Monitoring Expert is installed to the following directory: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Schneider Electric\Power Monitoring Expert\". When running commands via command prompt, it can be difficult to change directory to this, or any of the numerous sub directories located within the PME folder. In addition, when the server contains multiple hard drives and the software is installed on a different drive, locating the install directory can become challenging. Product Line
ION Enterprise 6.x
StruxureWare Power Monitoring 7.0.x
Power Monitoring Expert 7.2.x, 8.xEnvironment
Windows allows for the creation of Environmental Variables, or shortcuts, that can be used to quickly navigate to the Power Monitoring Expert folder.
1) Open the Windows Control Panel and navigate to System.
2) When the System Properties windows opens, click "Advanced System Settings" and then "Environmental Variables"
3) Click "New" to create a new variable.
4) Enter the desired variable name (i.e PMEDIR) and the path to the Power Monitoring Expert folder (i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\Schneider Electric\Power Monitoring Expert
5) Click "Okay" to close out of all the opened windows.
Now that the Environmental Variable is created we can use this to quickly change to the PME directory in Command Prompt. For example, if we want to change directory to the \system\bin folder located within the PME directory, the commands previously would be the following:cd\
cd Program Files (x86)\Schneider Electric\Power Monitoring Expert\system\bin\
Now that the Environmental Variable has been created, the command is now this:cd\
Additionally, in Windows Explorer, we can simply type the variable %PMEDIR%
in the address bar and it will automatically navigate to the PME installation directory.