23 January 2021
Product Design Features
QO Load Centers
The PK4MB2HA retaining kit secures one QO 2-pole branch circuit breaker with or without electrical accessories to the Right side of the interior when used as a Back-Fed Main Breaker.
This retaining kit can ONLY be used for QO, 1phase, 150-225amp, Convertible main load centers, Series S01 and S02 and Plug-On Neutral Series S06 Load Centers.
The retaining bracket will mount over the face of the back-fed branch breaker and get secured using the single interior mounting screw that comes with the kit.
QO-GFI and QO-AFI branch circuit breakers are NOT suitable for use as back-fed main circuit breakers.
The attached video is ONLY to supplement the INSTRUCTIONS that come with the kit. PLEASE make sure to read the instructions and all the below Safety Information that is located in the instructions BEFORE working on any electrical equipment.
A pdf copy of the complete instructions is attached below the video.
Make sure to turn OFF ALL Power supplying the equipment and verify the power is OFF using a properly rated voltage sensing device, BEFORE working on or with electrical equipment.
1) Once all Safety steps are followed, begin the kit installation by following the instructions.
2) Make sure to obtain the correct 2-pole, QO branch breaker to be used as the back-fed Main and DO NOT exceed the maximum rating marked on each load center.
3) As shown in step 2, on page 2 of the intructions, remove and discard the interior mounting screw(Fig. 1)
4) Install the appropriate QO back-fed branch breaker ONLY in positions 2-4 (The first two positions in the upper right side of the interior)
5) Center the retaining bracket over the breaker to be used as the back-fed breaker and press down against the face of the retaining bracket to seal it against the breaker.
6) Secure the retaining bracket to the base with the new interior mounting screw provided in the kit and torque to 35 lb-in (4 N-m)
7) Remove the backing of the wiring diagram label that comes in the kit, to expose the adhesive and attach the label to the inside of the load center enclosure or to the back of the cover.
NOTE: PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS AND SAFETY INFORMATION THAT COME WITH THE KIT AND NEVER WORK ON ENERGIZED EQUIPMENT.