23 January 2021
Random and continous cycle through menus on ATS48 and/or external HMI.Product Line:
Display and/or HMI display is unstableResolution:
The HMI (keypad) could be scrolling, or the Soft Starter's display could be scrolling. Or they could BOTH be scrolling.
This typically indicates a problem with the control circuitry or keypad button.
- Unplug the cable from the Soft Starter's Modbus port and power-cycle. If the display on the Soft Starter is now functioning properly, the keypad (VW3G48101) and/or cable need to be replaced.
- You can also try reseating the ribbon cable between the control board and power board. Remove line voltage AND control voltage before performing these steps.
- Remove the four screws holding front control board and pull the control board off slowly
- Re-seat both ends of the ribbon cable connecting the control board to the power board. Make sure the cable is connected firmly
- Return line voltage and control voltage to the soft starter
If the integral display continues scrolling (after performing the above steps), replace the control board, part number VX4G481.