29 April 2022
Missing APC UPS device drivers.
NOTE: The USB drivers for communications between APC UPS and Windows OS are pre-installed in the Windows OS.
The drivers should load automatically once the APC UPS has been connected to the computer using the proper USB cable.
If the drivers do not load please review "Video: How to verify USB communications between UPS and Windows OS using UsbDeview.exe
PowerChute Business Edition
PowerChute Personal EditionEnvironment:
Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows Server Core, Windows 2012, 2016, 2019Cause:
Drivers did not load.Solution:
- Go to the Windows Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Computer Management.
- From the left-side panel in the Computer Management dialog, under System Tools select Device Manager, then Batteries - . You should see a driver called APC UPS or APC Battery BackUP. If you don't see either of these drivers, you must install the driver by proceeding with the steps below.
- Double-click on "HID UPS Battery".
- Click on the Driver Tab
- Click on the "Update Driver..." button.
- Chose the option to browse for the driver software or install the driver from a list. The option presented will depend on the operating system you are installing the driver on.
- When presented with Search for driver software in this location and Let me pick from a list of device drivers click on Let me pick from a list of device drivers.
- Select APC UPS or APC Battery BackUP from the list of drivers.
- If the APC UPS driver is not available download APCUPS.zip attached to this FAQ
- uncompress the zip file
- Form the driver search page select Have Disk
- Enter the path to the uncompressed ApcUps folder
- Select ApcUps file from within the folder and click open. NOTE: The ApcUps file type is .inf
- Click "Next". The driver will now be installed.
: On some operating systems a reboot of the system is required before the device will work properly. If requested please reboot the system.