29 September 2021
My AP7867 Rack PDU reports an overload immediately after power has been applied to it.Product Line
- All serial numbers
- All firmware revisions
In some cases, the embedded Network Management Card may not have been reset to defaults during final testing. This is not a problem with the NMC, nor is it a problem with the PDU.Resolution
A reset of the NMC to default will correct this issue. In this case, please follow the steps below in order to clear the overload.
- Xonnect the serial cable that ships with the PDU (part number 940-0144) from the PDU to a server/workstation running Hyperterminal or Terminal emulation software.
- Open a Terminal session using the following settings: 9600, 8, none, 1, none. Press <enter> 1-2 times so that you are prompted for a username and password.
- Use the default "apc" for both unless you have changed these settings.
- Once logged into the switch, choose option 3 for System, option 4 for Tools, then option 2 for Reset to Defaults.
- You will be prompted to type Yes. Once you have completed this, log out of the switch. Wait 45-60 seconds.
The overload condition should clear and the PDU should be ready for user.
Please contact APC Technical Support if you still experience an overload problem.