When attempting to login to the SMS Webclient, the following Windows Internet Explorer pop-up window is received:
"[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'computernameIUSR_T61PBASE'. -Failed to build Client-Side Object Maps"
This message is displayed when Windows Authentication is used for the authenticity of the login ID into SQL Server for the SMS_System database. You must use SQL Server authentication for the SMS_System database.
Change the authentication used for databases:
1. Open Windows Control Panel and select Administrative Tools
2. Click on Data Sources (ODBC)
3. Click on the System DSN tab, highlight "SMS-3000 System SQL" and click on Configure
4. Ensure that the computer name and SQL instance names are correct on the first screen and click Next
5. On the next screen, select the option "With SQL Server authentication using a login ID and password entered by the user", and enter a valid Login ID and corresponding password. Click Next
6. Verify the SMS_System database is selected from the drop down menu and click Next and click Finish
7. Re-attempt to log into SMSWeb