Yes, there is another quick way to check the version number and the corresponding product edition from the SQL Server Management Studio or SQL Server Management Studio Express indeed. But please note that using the SQL query script is the official way recommended from Microsoft to identify your current Microsoft SQL Server version number and the corresponding product or service pack level.
3. From the above, this SQL Server could be identifying as Microsoft SQL Server Standard Edition from Product and its version is 9.00.4005.00, i.e. SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 3.
- As the figure shown below, in the SQL Server Management Studio or SQL Server Management Studio Express, right-click on the Server (marked with (i.) in the figure) then select the Properties from the list to open up a Server Properties Window.
- The Product (marked with (iii.) in the figure) and Version (marked with (iv.) in the figure) would be found in the General page (marked with (ii.) in the figure) of the Server Properties Window.
- Possible Product edition:
- Microsoft SQL Server Standard Edition or
- Microsoft SQL Server Enterprise Evaluation Edition or
- Microsoft SQL Server Express Edition or
Existing Version number:
||SQL Server 2000
||SQL Server 2005
||SQL Server 2008
|SQL Server RTM
|SQL Server Service Pack 1
|SQL Server Service Pack 2
|SQL Server Service Pack 3
Identifying SQL Server 2000 Service Pack version from Diagnostics (.cab) file
Checking SQL Server 2000 or MSDE Version and Service Pack Level
What version of SQL Server is used with the different versions of ION Enterprise?
Legacy KB System (APS) Data: RESL201100 V1.0, Originally authored by KBAdPM on 01/22/2010, Last Edited by KBAdPM on 01/22/2010
Related ranges: ION Enterprise V5.5, ION Enterprise V6.0, ION Enterprise V5.6