The 'event priority' of the VIP Event Log is set to 192 by default. Most control actions need this to be adjusted to a more useful level. For example the AND/OR Module requires an event priorty of 15 on transition actions. To record these changes in the event log follow this procedure:
- Load ION Designer and open the VIP
- Open the AND/OR Module setup registers
- Change the AN# EvLog Mode to Log-On
- Open the EventLogCtl 1 setup registers in the VIP
- Change the EL1 Cutoff to your desired Event priorty level (15 for this example)
- Choose File -> Send & Save then close Designer
- Open the Microsoft Services and restart the ION LogInserter Service.
This should allow the VIP events to show up in a Event Log Viewer object, or the Global Event Log viewer (with the appropriate viewing priority filter).
Last Revised: April 17, 2008
Applies To: ION Enterprise 5.0 / 5.5 / 5.6
Original Author: LS
All content © 1992-2008 Schneider Electric
Legacy KB System (APS) Data: RESL191707 V1.0, Originally authored by KBAdPM on 04/18/2008, Last Edited by KBAdPM on 04/18/2008
Related ranges: ION Enterprise V5.6, ION Enterprise V5.5, ION Enterprise V5.0