Vista diagrams will not open and provide the error "A generic diagram for the selected device cannot be found."
The generic diagram does not exist in the file folder or the device does not exist in the registry.
Check and see if the meter icon is pointed to the correct place in Vista.
- Open up the Vista diagram with the meter icons.
- In the menu bar go to 'options' and then click on 'show toolbox', if it is not already selected.
- Right click on the meter icon and a 'Grouping Object Configuration' window will appear.
- Click on the action tab.
- Click on the radio button 'Open Diagram for Meter Template', if it is not selected.
- Click OK to close the configuration window.
- Try to open the Vista diagram by double clicking on it.
If it still does work, check that the generic diagram exists in the correct folder.
- Go to the directory ...\config\diagrams\ud\default
- Check that the diagram exists for the meter type.
- If the diagram does not exist one will need to be placed into this folder.
If the diagram does exist and the number of diagrams that need to corrected is small, an option is to manually force the Vista diagram to look in the correct place.
- Go into the action tab of the 'Grouping Object Configuration' window, as was done above.
- Click on the 'Open User Diagram' radio button.
- Browse to the correct diagram.
- Check and see if the Vista diagram opens.
If the diagram does exist and the number of diagrams that need to corrected is large, it is likely that the registry lacks the device types that are trying to be viewed. This is common in PME 9.0 install for CM2000s and PM600s. The below example is for CM2000s and PME 9.0.
*Warning: This article contains information about editing the registry. Improper changes to the registry can permanently damage the operating system. Always backup the registry before making any changes.*
- Open RegEdit.
- Check if the device exist in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Schneider Electric\Power Monitoring Expert\9.0\DeviceInfo. The following images lacks the CM2000s entries
- If they do not exist, find a PME 9.0 or PME 8.2 with the missing entries. This example used PME 8.2.
- Right click on each of the entries needed and select export. In this example the entry for CM2000, CM2050, CM2150, CM2250, CM2350, CM2450, and CM2452 would each need to be exported.
- Give the file any name that makes sense and save it.
- After the files are saved right click on the exported file and select edit.
- Change the file path to match the system that lacks the entries. In this example change 8.2 to 9.0.
- After the changes are made save the file. Do this for each entry.
- Move the files to the server with the issue.
- Right click the file and select merge.
- A warning will appear. Please heed this warning and if confident proceed.
- Once all entries have been merge into the registry the diagrams will open.