Sometimes it is necessary to completely uninstall and re-install ION Enterprise.
Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the PowerMeasurement\IONEnterprise folder
- Copy the config folder to a safe location such as "My Documents"
- From Control Panel, use Add/Remove programs to remove ION Enterprise and SQL Server (MSDE)
- Go to Start > Run... and type:
- Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE, and scroll down to Power Measurement/ION Enterprise
- Delete the ION Enterprise folder
- Scroll down to Microsoft > MSSQLServer (still in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE)
- Right-click and rename MSSQLServer to something different
- In Windows Explorer, navigate to the C:\. Find MSDEsetup.log in the right-hand side of the window and either rename or delete it.
- Keep .NET 1.1 installed on the machine, but delete.NET 2.0 since it can be installed again after installing ION Enterprise
- Ensure the loopback adapter is installed and configured correctly.
You shouldn't have to uninstall the Anti-Virus.
Last Revised: November 22, 2007
Applies To: ION Enterprise
All content © 1992-2007 Schneider Electric
Legacy KB System (APS) Data: RESL189509 V2.0, Originally authored by KBAdPM on 11/23/2007, Last Edited by CoBu on 10/21/2009
Related ranges: ION Enterprise V5.5, ION Enterprise V5.0