User wishes to connect to a meter through a 3rd party gateway device using ION Setup.
3rd Party Ethernet Gateway
The following steps outline the procedure for connecting to a meter through a 3rd party gateway device using ION Setup:
- Start up ION Setup in Network mode (i.e. the "Single ION Device Configuration Mode" should be unchecked when logging in).
- Right click on the <COMPUTER_NAME> and select Insert Item.
- Select Site and click OK.
- For the Comm Link, select Ethernet and for the Link Type, select Ethergate connection.
- Under the Remote Info tab, set the IP Address and IP Port to that of the 3rd party gateway device.
- Right click on the newly created gateway and select Insert Item.
- Select Meter and click OK.
- Select the appropriate meter Type and enter the proper Unit ID for the meter.