7300 meters do not have a clock module. This article describes how to time synch the meter using ION Setup.
sync, synch, synchronize
- Connect to the meter using ION Setup. In the system logon screen, the "Single ION device configuration mode" must be unchecked
- Within ION Setup, right-click on the computer name in the left-hand tree and select "Insert Item" to add a new Site. Use Serial Port or Ethernet Port depending on network configuration. With Serial Port configuration, set up link type and link speed.
- Add the meter by right clicking on the newly created site, and choosing "Insert Item", then select "Meter". Select appropriate meter type and unit id or IP address.
- Verify meter is connected by selecting a module and viewing live data.
- To time synch, click the circular clock "Broadcast present PC time to devices" icon in the menu bar.
- Confirm that the time for the meter, displayed in the top left corner of the window, is the same as the time of the computer to which the meter was synched.
Last Revised: October 23, 2007
All content © 1992-2007 Schneider Electric
Legacy KB System (APS) Data: RESL188628 V1.0, Originally authored by KBAdPM on 10/26/2007, Last Edited by KBAdPM on 10/26/2007
Related ranges: ION Setup 2.1, ION Setup 2.0, ION7300