The calibration procedure followed for ION Meters (ION8800, ION8600, ION7650, ION7550, ION7350, ION7330, ION7300, ION6200) seeks to meet two standards:
1. IEC 62053-22 Accuracy Class 0.2 or Class 0.5 at 25°C (77°F)
2. ANSI C12.20 Accuracy Class 0.2 or Class 0.5 at 25°C (77°F)
Specialized electrical testing EQUIPMENT is used to calibrate in production line. The procedure aims to calibrate the meters voltage, current and frequency. A meter type specific set of voltage, current, PF and frequency points are applied.
Document Change History
|Date and Initials
||* Added precision to include references to the "0.2 Accuracy Class" as this was not mentioned in the original version of this article.
* Updated information on the version of the standards currently used (IEC 687 has been superceded by IEC 62053-22).
* Eliminated all references to the range of current level employed in the testing sweeps of the conformance testing procedure since this is not relevant in the context of the level of detail of this article.
* Eliminated references to the frequencies at which the conformance testing is conducted because the details are actually more complicated than simply 50 and 60 Hz.