ION Setup will display an error message if the incorrect serial number was used during installation or if the serial number was changed after installation.
All installations of ION Setup should use the same serial number (0409-0001-102-3574).
When starting ION Setup, the following error is displayed:
- Unrecognized Serial Number.
CauseThis error is likely caused by the user entering their ION Enterprise serial number for ION Setup during installation.
- Open the Registry Editor
- Click Start > Run...
- Type regedit and click OK
- Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Schneider Electric > ION Setup > 2.1, as seen below
- Edit the SerialNumber key, and change it to the corrent serial number for ION Setup
- Close the Registry Editor
- Re-run ION Setup
Last Revised: October 15, 2007
All content © 1992-2007 Schneider Electric
Legacy KB System (APS) Data: RESL188495 V1.0, Originally authored by KBAdPM on 10/17/2007, Last Edited by KBAdPM on 10/17/2007
Related ranges: ION Setup 2.1