A single Phase wiring diagram is not listed in ION8650, ION8600, ION8500, ION8400, or ION8300 installation guides.
ION8650, ION8600, ION8500, ION8400, ION8300
Single Phase Meter Installation
A single phase installation may be desired.
An 8600 (as well as 8300, 8400, 8500, and 8650) can be wired to monitor a single phase instead of all three, but there are a few things to be aware of:
- Voltsmode must be set to 9S-4 Wire Wye
- Per-phase voltages (Vln a, Vln b), currents (I a, I b), power (kW a, kW b) and energy (kWh a, kWh b) will be correct
- Total power (kW tot)and energy (kWh tot) will be correct
- Average voltage (Vavg), current (Iavg) will be incorrect since the 9S calculations expect 3 phases and include C phase values (which are zero in this configuration)
- Voltage unbalance (Vunbal) and current unbalance (Iunbal) will be incorrect since the 9S calculations expect 3 phases and include C phase values
Use the following Single Phase wiring diagarm:
Use I4 on the 39S meter if the neutral current measurement current is required (I4 available in 8600A/8650A, 8600B/8650B, 8500, and 8400 only). I3 on a 9S meter can also be used if a 39S meter is not available, but it may affect total power (kW tot) and energy (kWh tot). To minimize unintentional power and energy contributions from V3/I3, ensure the V3-Vref jumper is of adequate guage (low resistance) and physically close to the meter.
All content © 1992-2007 Schneider Electric