"An unexpected error has occurred.
Your request cannot be processed at this time. If the problem persists, contact the Webpage administrator."
The customer sees this error after attempting to select new sources for a Tabular Report in Web Reporter for ION Enterprise 6.0 SP1 (IONE).
The workflow to generate the error:
- 1) Open Web Reporter.
2) Select report to run.
3) After report has been generated, click on select sources.
4) Uncheck the source that the generated report just used.
5) Check box of new desired source.
6) The error is generated.
Items tested unsuccessfully / Additional points of information:
- RESL200333 was considered, but this article states that the issue is resolved in 6.0 SP1, which the customer has. Additionally, the customer reports that the System Log does not show a corresponding message as the article states.
- The IONUser exists locally and is a member of the Administrators group.
- Devices were not added after the report was configured.
- The source selector works fine when creating a New Tabular Report. However, after creating the new report, if you attempt to modify the sources (according to the earlier workflow) after the fact, this is when the error occurs.
ION Enterprise 6.0
Web Applications: Reports
This problem has been encountered with the source selector in large systems, especially those that contain a large number of branch circuit power meters (BCPMs).
The exception (from the eventexception table in the syslog):
System.Web.HttpUnhandledException: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> System.Web.HttpException: Maximum request length exceeded. at System.Web.HttpRequest.GetEntireRawContent() at System.Web.HttpRequest.FillInFormCollection() at System.Web.HttpRequest.get_Form() at System.Web.HttpRequest.get_HasForm() at System.Web.UI.Page.GetCollectionBasedOnMethod(Boolean dontReturnNull) at System.Web.UI.Page.DeterminePostBackMode() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) at ASP.core_popupframework_genericpopupinputframework_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
Note the 'maximum request length exceeded'. This is the underlying issue. It has been resolved in StruxureWare Power Monitoring 7.0.1 (SPM 7).
1) Shut down any web browsers running ION E.
2) In the \ION Enterprise\web directory, locate the web.config file.
3) Find the following line in this file:
<httpRuntime executionTimeout="3700" />
4) Change the line to:
<httpRuntime executionTimeout="3700" maxRequestLength="1048576" />
5) Run Web Reporter and attempt the source selector workflow again.
Note: If any unforeseen side effects occur as a result of this change, revert to the saved copy of the file.