Why does the Series 3000/4000 Circuit Monitor display show stars or asterisks for frequency?
CM3000 and CM4000 series meter
Customer see stars or asterisks for frequency on CM3000 or CM4000 front display.
Reading Frequency from front display on CM3000 or CM4000 meter.
There are several possibilities in which this could occur:
- The frequency is changing too quickly. (Possible causes could be when monitoring a Generator that has not stabilized the voltage frequency)
- The voltage on phase A and C has dropped to zero. (Normal)
- (CM4000 series only) The Current Voltage Module (CVM) module is not properly seated. (NOTE: In this instance cycling control power to the meter will not help.)
- (CM4250 Only) This symptom can also be caused by the temperature chip in the meter when the firmware version is earlier than 14.4. To confirm this is the issue read register 3238. If the value is zero, then this may not be the issue. It is recommend that the firmware be upgraded to the latest version available.
- If none of these solutions work then use the attached flow chart to validate the issue and contact the appropriate group per the PDF attachment.