A model cannot be deleted using the ION EEM web interface.
ION EEM (versions 3.95 SP1. 3.96. 4.0, 4.0 R2, 5.0)
On occasion, a model cannot be deleted from the ION EEM web interface. A message in the system log should indicate why the delete attempt is failing.
In order to remove the model from EEM, it may be necessary to manually delete the model from within the database.
*Warning: Irreparable database damage can occur. This procedure should only be performed by users familiar with SQL Server Management Studio. Databases should be backed up prior to performing this procedure.*
The model that needs to be removed can be manually deleted from the RPT_Model table in the ION_EEMData database.
There are no other dependencies that will also need to be deleted for its safe removal.
It is highly recommended to backup the ION_EEMData prior to beginning this procedure.
1) Open SQL Server Management Studio.
2) Expand the ION_EEMData database then expand the Tables folder. Right click and open the RPT_Model table (Select Top 1000 Rows)
3) Locate the model(s) in the result pane that need to be deleted and note the ModelID value
4) Click on New Query in the toolbar at the top and make sure that the ION_EEMData database is selected.
5) Run the following command where x is the ModelID noted in step 3:
DELETE FROM RPT_Model
Where ModelID = x
** see attachment containing the SQL script text