ION Setup 3.X, ION Setup 2.2, ION Setup 2.1
ION Setup Network Configuration
*Warning: Take backups of any files prior to modifying them. Ensure the backups are in a location that will not be overwritten (i.e. the Desktop).*
This process is easiest with version 3.2 and greater. See FA212816 for the latest version of ION Setup.
For ION Setup Builds 3.2 and Later:
In ION Setup version 3.2 the Export Network and Import Network options were added to ION Setup:
- Open ION Setup that has the network that needs to be transferred.
- Select File > Export Network and save the .csv file that contains the network configuration
Note: The name of the .csv file controls the name of the system when it is imported.
For ION Setup Builds 3.0.12342_02 and Later:
- Move the .csv file to the new ION Setup installation.
- Open ION Setup on the new machine.
- Select File > Import Network and select the saved .csv file from step 2.
In ION Setup version 3.0.12343_02 and after, user data files are located in a dedicated folder which can be found when logged in to ION Setup:
- On the existing ION Setup software, click on Tools -> Options -> Config Directory.
Note: This is a hidden folder and you need to have hidden folders shown. You can enable this feature in Windows by going to the Folder Options from Control Panel. Choose the View tab and click "Show hidden files and folders" and then click OK.
- Copy the 3 DAT files (IONSetup.DAT, SITEINFO.DAT, and DEVINFO.DAT) from "Config directory" (e.g. Navigate to C:\ProgramData\Schneider Electric\ION Setup)
- Install ION Setup on the new machine
- Note the same two directories on the new machine and replace 3 DAT files in the "Config Directory" on the new ION Setup install
- For the first time that ION Setup is run on the new computer (after copying over the files) you will get a prompt saying that you are "Network Configuration designed for *old server*. Do you wish to copy it?" Answer YES, then it will use the copied configuration files
- Save the configuration by going to File > Save. This will switch to the copied configuration files on a permanently.
For ION Setup Builds 3.0.12342_02 and Earlier:
In ION Setup version prior to 3.0.12342_02, all user data files are located in the same folder as the rest of application files:
- Right click on Start> Explore.
- Navigate to the Schneider Electric folder> ION Setup. (e.g: C:\Program Files\Schneider Electric\ION Setup)
- Copy the IONSETUP.DAT, DEVINFO.DAT and SITEINFO.DAT files.
- Paste these files over to the new install.
- Open ION Setup and ensure that the original network configuration is now available.