Opening a meter node template in Designer on a newly installed client machine reports the following error "The directory for node diagram could not be created"
Ion Enterprise 5.x/6.x
Struxureware Power Monitoring Expert 7.0.x
Struxureware Power Monitoring Expert 7.2.x Base/Healthcare/ Data Center Edition
Struxureware Power Monitoring Expert 8.0 Base/Buildings/Healthcare/ Data Center Edition
Open meter template in designer
1) The sharing permissions of the ION_Ent share folder are not set properly on the primary server
2) The client machine's Root2 registry key is not pointing to the config folder on the primary server
1) To resolve the issue, please follow the below steps:
1. On the primary Ion Enterprise/PME machine navigate to the folder Ion Enterprise/Power Monitoring Expert folder. The paths are as below:
For Ion Enterprise 5.x/6.x machines : ..\Program Files\Schneider Electric\
For SPM7.x/PME7.2.x/PME4DC7.2.x/PME4HC7.2.x/PME8 (all editions) : ...\Program Files (x86)\Schneider Electric\
2. Right click on Ion Enterprise/Power Monitoring Expert folder and go to properties and then click on tab labeled "Sharing"
3. Click on "Advanced Sharing" which will open a new window. Click on permissions
4. In the share Permissions tab, select Everyone on the top and provide permission to "change" by checking the box to Allow.
All share permissions are automatically set to the Read permission for the Everyone group; this includes the ION Enterprise share (ION_Ent).
A user must configure the ION_Ent share to the Change permission only if installing Secondary Servers on the network or if installing Clients
that require more than just Read permissions (e.g., A client user need to Modify Vista diagrams, update device templates etc)