How to reassign the ETG30xx from a domain to a local IP address
ETG3000, ETG3021 and ETG3022
If you disconnect the 'ETG30xx' from a network that is on a domain and connect it to a local network, the
'ETG30xx' will not boot up with an IP address but, will issue DHCP discoveries. In order to correct the
problem, the following changes must be performed on the ETG30xx' from a PC that is on the local network.
- Assign a temporary IP address to the ETG30xx using a third party Bootp sotware
(i.e., Shareware 'Tiny-DHCP-Server' from which can be downloaded from:
- Connect to the 'ETG30xx' using the temporary IP address from a Web Browser.
- Change the 'IP Parameters' setting on the ETG30xx from 'Local' to 'Served from MAC Address'.
1.) Connect to the ETG3021 using the IP address that was assigned to the module with 'bootplt.exe'.
2.) Click on 'Setup'.
3.) Click on 'IP Configuration'.
4.) Enter a Username and Password to access the 'IP Configuration'. (The default username is
USER. The default password is USER.)
5.) Click on 'Local' in the 'Parameters' section.
- 6.) Enter a static 'IP address', 'Subnet mask' and 'Default gateway'.
7.) Click on 'Apply'
- 8.) Enter the password in the 'Verification password' pop up window. (The default password is USER.)
If you try to connect to the 'ETG30xx' using a Web Designer application that is configured with the old
domain IP address, it will fail. To correct the problem, the 'Target IP address' in the 'Web Designer
application must be changed to match the new IP address for 'ETG30xx'. Use the following steps to
change the 'Target IP address'.
- Click on the Target name.
- Select 'Properties'.
- Change the IP address.
- Click on OK.
- Save the chnages.
Legacy KB System (APS) Data: RESL205163 V1.0, Originally authored by AlCh on 04/26/2011, Last Edited by AlCh on 04/26/2011
Related ranges: FactoryCast HMI