The purpose of this resolution is to inform STBNIP2212 users that the Exec was upgraded to the following:
- Exec v.2.73
- Kernel v. 2.22
- Web page v.1.20.05
Exec file, nip2212_upgrade_[k]_v2.22.02_[fw]_v2.73.01_[web]_v1.20.05.exe, is now available and will automatically run the loader utility program when executed and prompt the user to enter the IP address of the Ethenet NIM. The Exec, Kernel, and web files will load sequentially and then reboot the NIM when completed.
The new Exec., Kernel and web versions are field upgradable and will work with any STBNIP2212 Ethernet NIM hardware whose firmware is version 2.70 or higher. This Exec cannot be loaded into NIMs that have an SV 2.30 or lower.
- STBNIP2212's whose Exec versions are 2.3x or less are non-RoHs units. STBNIP2212's whose Exec versions are 2.7x or higher are RoHs units. The Execs between these units are not interchangeable.
- RoHs is the acronym for Restriction of Hazardous Substances. RoHS, also known as Directive 2002/95/EC, originated in the European Union and restricts the use of specific hazardous materials found in electrical and electronic PRODUCTS. The substances banned under RoHS are lead (Pb), mercury (Hg), cadmium (Cd), hexavalent chromium (CrVI), polybrominated biphenyls (PBB) and polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDE).
- Firmware for the RoHs and Non-RoHs Ethernet NIMs is available on Planet.
The following issues have been resolved in this version:
- Modified the STBNIP2212 to re-send TCP packet data after 2 Keep-Alives instead of 3 Keep-Alives.
- Allows the value 255 to be used in any IP address octet for gateway or device.
Legacy KB System (APS) Data: RESL204948 V1.0, Originally authored by DaDz on 03/28/2011, Last Edited by DaDz on 03/28/2011
Related ranges: Modicon STB