The purpose of this resolution is to inform STBNIP2212 users that the Exec., Kernel, and Web pages have been upgraded to the following:
Exec file, nip2212_upgrade_[k]_v2.22.02_[fw]_v2.72.01_[web]_v1.20.05.exe, is now available and will automatically run the loader utility program when executed and prompt the user to enter the IP address of the Ethenet NIM. The Exec, Kernel, and web files will load sequentially and then reboot the NIM when completed.
The new Exec., Kernel and web versions are field upgradable and will work with any STBNIP2212 Ethernet NIM hardware whose firmware is version 2.70 or higher. This Exec cannot be loaded into NIMs that have an SV 2.30 or lower.
- Exec v.2.72
- Kernel v. 2.22
- Web page v.1.20.05
The following issues have been resolved in this version:
- STBNIP2212's whose Exec versions are 2.3x or less are non-RoHs units. STBNIP2212's whose Exec versions are 2.7x or higher are RoHs units. The Execs between these units are not interchangeable.
- RoHs is the acronym for Restriction of Hazardous Substances. RoHS, also known as Directive 2002/95/EC, originated in the European Union and restricts the use of specific hazardous materials found in electrical and electronic PRODUCTS. The substances banned under RoHS are lead (Pb), mercury (Hg), cadmium (Cd), hexavalent chromium (CrVI), polybrominated biphenyls (PBB) and polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDE).
- Firmware for the RoHs and Non-RoHs Ethernet NIMs is available on Planet.
- The RoHS STBNIP2212 would fail to boot after a power cycle when connected to an XBTGT Schneider Magelis via serial port.
- Under certain conditions, the STB Island would go to fallback if a swap over occurred on a Hot Standby system that was communicating to the STB Island. The issue was the STBNIP2212 would not accept new connections on a Hot Standby swap over.