The purpose of this resolution is to inform STBNIP2212 users that the Exec., Kernel, and Web pages have been upgraded to the following:
- Exec v.2.71
- Kernel v. 2.21
- Web page v.1.20.05
Exec file, nip2212_upgrade_[k]_v2.21.02_[fw]_v2.71.02_[web]_v1.20.05.exe, is now available and will automatically run the loader utility program when executed and prompt the user to enter the IP address of the Ethenet NIM. The Exec, Kernel, and web files will load sequentially and then reboot the NIM when completed.
The new Exec., Kernel and web versions are field upgradable and will work with any STBNIP2212 Ethernet NIM hardware whose firmware is version 2.70 or higher. This Exec cannot be loaded into NIMs that have an SV 2.30 or lower.
- STBNIP2212's whose Exec versions are 2.3x or less are non-RoHs units. STBNIP2212's whose Exec versions are 2.7x or higher are RoHs units. The Execs between these units are not interchangeable.
- RoHs is the acronym for Restriction of Hazardous Substances. RoHS, also known as Directive 2002/95/EC, originated in the European Union and restricts the use of specific hazardous materials found in electrical and electronic PRODUCTS. The substances banned under RoHS are lead (Pb), mercury (Hg), cadmium (Cd), hexavalent chromium (CrVI), polybrominated biphenyls (PBB) and polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDE).
- Firmware for the RoHs and Non-RoHs Ethernet NIMs is available on Planet.
The following issues have been resolved in this version:
- The STBNIP2212 may go into fallback in the presence of UDP traffic.
- Error '1013h' may occur when attempting to connect to the Ethernet NIM using Advantys Config Software.
- STBNIP2212 Broadcast Filter improvements were implemented.
- An error would occur when an Island configuration file from an FDR server was loaded into an STBNIP2212 after a power cycle of the NIM or the Restore function in the FDR Configuration web page was initiated. This resulted in the error, 'FDR parameter file from the server is invalid' in the 'Error Log' web page.
- Power cycling a large island with mandatory modules does not always start in RUN.
- STBNIP2212 v2.70 NIMs could randomly go to 'fallback' and require a power cycle to recover.
Legacy KB System (APS) Data: RESL199680 V1.0, Originally authored by DaDz on 08/21/2009, Last Edited by DaDz on 08/21/2009
Related ranges: Advantys STB