How to find and use the PDO reference for an 'Advantys' IO module in a 'Unity' application..
Advantys Configuartion Software
Find the 'PDO' references for the 'Advantys' IO modules using the following steps:
- Click on the island I/O module in the 'Advantys Configuration Software'.
- Click on 'Island\ IO Image Overview'.
- Clcik on the tab lableled 'Fieldbus Image' in the 'IO Image Overview' window.
- Place the cursor on one of the 'Input Data' in the table and a message will appear to describe
which input module the '6000 subindex' word applies to. (The PDO reference will be shown as
6000 with a subindex.)
Export the 'Advantys' configuration into a '.dcf' file using the following steps:
- Click on 'File\Export' in the 'Advantys' software window.
- Select 'DCF' for the 'Export Format'.
- Enter the pathname for the 'Directory' and 'Filename'.
- Click on 'OK' to create the file.
Import the '.dcf' file into the 'M340' configuration using the following steps:
- Start Unity and open the M340 application.
- Expand the 'CANopen' network in Unity.
- Double click on the CANopen drop to open the window.
- Double click on the 'Advantys STB island' image in the CANopen network configuration window.
- Click on 'Channel 0' in the CANopen Network Interface Module' window.
- Click on the 'PDO' tab to open it.
- Right click on the 'PDO' window and select 'Import DCF' to import the dcf file.
After the '.dcf' file is imported, you will see the PDO references for the I/O modules. The references will
also be shown mapped to a '%IW' word that is shown in the 'Topo Adr' column.
Legacy KB System (APS) Data: RESL198539 V1.0, Originally authored by AlCh on 09/18/2009, Last Edited by AlCh on 09/18/2009
Related ranges: Advantys STB