How to find the 'IO Scanner' health status bit in a PL7 application.
All Premium PLC's using PL7.
The following steps will show how to find and use the health bit for the IO Scanner in PL7.
- This example uses an ETY5103 configured in slot 2 of the Premium rack.
- Two IO scanner entries are configured in the ETY5103 'Scanned peripherals' table..
To find the health bit for the IO Scanner:
- Double click on IO to open the Variables window.
- Click on the down arrow and select the 'TSXETY5103' module from the drop down list.
- The words representing the IO scanner channels will be listed as '%IWx.0.1' through %IWx.0.2. In
this example, it is shown as '%IW2.0.1' through '%IW2.0.2'.
- When the IO Scanner is healthy, the debug screen shows the respective bit for the IO Scanner
channel as green.
- The animation table shows the respective bits of the %IW2.0.1 word is with a value of 1.
- When the IO Scanner is unhealthy, the debug screen shows the respective bit for the IO Scanner
channel as red.
- The animation table shows the respective bit of the %IW2.0.1 word is with a value of 0.
The health bit for the 64 'IO Scanner' lines listed in the 'Scanned peripherals' table can be
referenced from within logic by using the address %IW2.0.1:X0 through %IW2.0.1:X15 and %IW2.0.2:X0
Legacy KB System (APS) Data: RESL198513 V1.0, Originally authored by AlCh on 06/11/2009, Last Edited by AlCh on 06/11/2009
Related ranges: Modicon Premium