When using Smart iPC, it is recommended to create regularly bacup copies of the Main CF Card (system CF card). The main occasions to create backup copies are:
- when the customer buys a new CF card: it is recommended to create this backup copy in order to restore the system back to the original configuration if necessary;
- when the customer finished to configure his iPC (for example when all needed tools installed, and when IP addresses are configured): this backup copy allows the customer to restore the iPC directly in this operational configuration
Basically, each time the customer considers that the current configuration of his iPC is interesting and should be stored, he should create a backup copy of the system CF card.
To create backup copies or to restore one on these copies on the CF card, the customer must use the executable called ToolsCF.exe on the Smart iPC Restore CD. This CD is provided with the CD only: if the customer buys a new CF card, no additional Restore CD will be provided with the CF card.
How to use ToolsCF:
CREATE A BACKUP COPY OF THE CF CARD:
- select the CF card that needs to be copied,
- select the destination on which the backup copy will be stored,
- click on the Backup button.
RESTORE A PREVIOUS BACKUP COPY ON CF CARD:
- select the CF card on which to restore the backup copy,
- select the destination on which the backup copy has been stored previously,
- click on the Restore button.
Legacy KB System (APS) Data: RESL191083 V1.0, Originally authored by ArGr on 03/21/2008, Last Edited by ArGr on 03/21/2008
Related ranges: Magelis Smart