NOTICE: EXEC VERSION 2.28 FILES HAVE BEEN REMOVED PENDING FURTHER INVESTIGATION. While upgrading the STBNIP2212 from its existing V2.14 version to V2.27 or V2.28, the user may experience difficulties after the upgrade like loss of saved internal IP address and inability to get IP address while using rolename based DHCP. Note that these issues will be observed immediately after the upgrade. If the STBNIP2212 has been upgraded successfully and is in operation, there are no known issues. The firmware upgrade has been pulled off the website until the next course of action is determined. Note that the STBNIP2212 is currently shipped from the factory with a V2.14 firmware and therefore is not affected.
The purpose of this resolution is to inform STBNIP2212 users that the Exec., Kernel, and Web pages have been upgraded to the following:
- Exec v.2.28
- Kernel v.2.01
- Web page v.1.20.01
A single file named stbnip2212_upgrade_[k]_v.201_[fw]_v.2.28.07_[web]_v.1.20.01.exe, is now available and will automatically run the loader utility program when executed and prompt the user to enter the IP address of the Ethernet NIM. The Exec, Kernel, and web files will load sequentially and then reboot the NIM when completed.
The new Exec., Kernel and web versions are field upgradable and will work with any STBNIP2212 Ethernet NIM hardware versions. The files for the Ethernet NIM can be found on Planet or as the Attachments to this Resolution.
The following issues have been resolved in this upgrade:
- The NIM would lockup if an excessive amount of UDP traffic was directed to it.
- Version 2.28 corrects a problem where the Ethernet NIM would sometimes fail to go into Run after a power cycle.
- When power is cycled to an ATV31 when it is connected as a preferred module on an STBNIP2212 island, the ATV31 would come back up operational but the Advantys Configuration software would continue to display the ATV31 as failed. With Exec. v.2.28, the Advantys Configuration software will not show the ATV31 as failed after an ATV31 power cycle.
- Output values in the 'Data I/O' web page would retain their last value if the client communications was stopped, regardless of the fallback state of the output. In this version, the 'Data I/O' values now show INVALID when this condition occurs.
- The STBNIP2212 'I/O Data Values' web page will now display the entire 16 bit field when an Input or Output value is displayed in Binary. The display window on previous versions was too small and would not display the entire 16 bit field.
- The 'Save' option in the web page 'Network Interface Module Register' now works properly.
- The RS232 serial communication port on the Ethernet NIM would respond to any request, regardless of the address in the request. It will now only respond to the appropriate address.
- The RS232 serial communication port on the Ethernet NIM is now approximately twice as fast as when the previous Exec version was installed.
- Can now read STBNIP2212 web page applets using Internet Explorer 7 browsers.
- Assigning an IP via DHCP would take over a minute and a half. With version 2.28, the IP will be assigned via DHCP in approximately 30 seconds.
- I/O modules on an island would fail to go into Ready if 15 or more connections were being made to the NIM during power up.
- Version 2.28 fixes a problem where the 'I/O Data Values' web page displayed incorrect values when 'Virtual Placeholders' were configured.
- The 'Process Image area' did not get set to zero if the network cable was removed from the NIM. Outputs would write the last data if the cable was reconnected. In version 2.28, the Process Image area is now cleared if the cable is disconnected and then reconnected. New data from the client is then written to the outputs.
(Exec, Kernel, web, and download utility file)
Exec files have been removed pending further investigation (10/26/07).
Document: NIM Exec Upgrade Procedure v_2_28_7.pdf
(Procedure to upgrade the Exec, Kernel, and web files to version 2.28.)
(Removed File URL: 188355_300E/NIM_Exec_upgrade_procedure_v2_28_7.zip)(Removed Image URL: /PubResEXPORT.nsf/2b87ee90be777fc085257c28006ee4ef/87ab839daec7d7a7c1257384005d872c/fl_block_5/0.7B0?OpenElement&FieldElemFormat=gif)
Document: STBNIP2212 Connection Management Recommendations.pdf
(This document provides recommendations when multiple numbers of connections must be opened to the STBNIP2212.)
(Removed File URL: 188355_300E/STBNIP2212_Connection_Management_Recommendations.zip)(Removed Image URL: /PubResEXPORT.nsf/2b87ee90be777fc085257c28006ee4ef/87ab839daec7d7a7c1257384005d872c/fl_block_5/0.18AA?OpenElement&FieldElemFormat=gif)
Document: Concerns when upgrading to 2.28.pdf
(If the NIM is configured to obtain its IP via DHCP, Exec versions 2.27 and higher will start in FDR mode. This document explains the steps required to prevent 'user defined web parameters' from being reverting back to default on powerup.)
(Removed File URL: 188355_300E/Concerns_when_Upgrading_from_Exec_v2_14_to_v2_28.zip)(Removed Image URL: /PubResEXPORT.nsf/2b87ee90be777fc085257c28006ee4ef/87ab839daec7d7a7c1257384005d872c/fl_block_5/0.2D60?OpenElement&FieldElemFormat=gif)
Resolution 187313 - MAC derived IP.pdf
(This document describes how to prevent a condition where the STBNIP2212 will default to its MAC derived IP address when it's power cycled using Exec. versions 2.27 or higher.)
(Removed File URL: 188355_300E/Resolution_187313_-_MAC_Derived_IP.zip)(Removed Image URL: /PubResEXPORT.nsf/2b87ee90be777fc085257c28006ee4ef/87ab839daec7d7a7c1257384005d872c/fl_block_5/0.4068?OpenElement&FieldElemFormat=gif)
Legacy KB System (APS) Data: RESL188355 V3.0, Originally authored by DaDz on 10/06/2007, Last Edited by DaDz on 10/30/2007
Related ranges: Advantys STB