VJD V4.3 : What are the technical characteristics a barcode reader needs to connect to XBTG/XBTGT ? (to chose one barcode reader that is not listed in online help)
Vijéo-Designer V4.3 - XBTG - XBTGT - barcode reader
Here are the minimum characteristics that a barcode reader needs to have in order to be supported by Vijeo-Designer when connected to an XBTG (for serial barcode readers) or XBTGT (for serial or USB barcode readers) target:
- the barcode reader needs to send data as ASCII strings.
- a serial barcode reader needs to be able to change its communication settings for the following parameters:
- baud rate.
- data length.
- parity bit setting.
- stop bit setting.
- end mark: the end marks supported are CR (Carriage Return) and CR+LF (Carriage Return followed by Line Feed).
- a USB barcode reader needs:
- to belong to the class of USB devices called HID (Human Interface Device). For information, this is the USB device class that keyboards and mice belong to.
- to be able to change its end mark. The end marks supported are CR (Carriage Return) and CR+LF (Carriage Return followed by Line Feed).
Concerning the ability for a barcode reader to change its communcation settings, it is most often done by scanning a particular barcode on a page of the user manual of the barcode reader. Therefore, for the manufacturers that publish the user manuals of their PRODUCTS (most often as PDF files) on their corporate Web sites, checking for this possibility in the user manual online before purchasing the barcode reader is a good idea.
Legacy KB System (APS) Data: RESL176688 V1.0, Originally authored by on , Last Edited by on
Related ranges: Vijeo Designer