Before the executive firmware for the 'NOE 771 xx' module can be updated:
- The existing NOE executive firmware version must be at version 2.xx. If the firmware is not at
version 2.xx, it must be updated to version 2.xx before proceeding.
- The CPU module must be in the 'STOP' mode and there must be no TCP/IP traffic going to
- Ensure that there will be no interruption to the power supply for the NOE module. ( A loss of
power during the upgrade process could cause the NOE module to become inoperable.)
The following software tools and BIN files are required for this procedure:
Kernel: 77100KER.bin (version 3.00)
executive firmware: NOE77100.bin (version 3.00)
Web Loader version 2.2.2 SP2 (for NOE77100)
Kernel: 77110KER.bin (version 3.00)
executive firmware: NOE77110.bin (version 3.00)
Web Loader version 2.2.2 SP2 (for NOE77110), or FactoryCast version 2.2.2 SP2
Kernel: 77111KER.bin (version 2.00)
executive firmware: NOE77111.bin (version 3.1)
Web Loader version 2.2.2 SP2 (for NOE77111), or FactoryCast version 2.2.2 SP2
- ExecLoader utility (This is supplied and installled with either Concept or ProWORX 32.)
To upgrade version 2.xx (excluding version 2.5x) to version 3.00, follow the steps below.
- Backup the web page configuration files and any customized web pages
Note: Updating the executive firmware will cause all of the existing web pages to be lost.
This step is not required if you are upgrading from executive firmware version 2.5.
- Download the applicable version 3.00 kernel BIN file (see Note) to the NOE device using the EXECLoader.
Note: After you see 'The transfer operation completed SUCCESSFULLY' message returned in the
the EXECLoader window, you must wait about 30 seconds to allow the NOE to automatically
reset itself. After this occurs, the state of the NOE will stay in the kernel mode with the 'KERNEL'
The Kernel version 3.00 bin file for the 'NOE 771 10' is named '77110KER.BIN'
The Kernel version 3.00 bin file for the 'NOE 771 00' is named '77100KER.BIN'
The Kernel version 2.00 bin file for the 'NOE 771 11' is named '77111KER.BIN'
- Download the applicable executive firmware version 3.00 BIN file (see Note) to the NOE device
using the EXECLoader.
The message 'The transfer operation completed SUCCESSFULLY' will get returned on the
EXECLoader window if this step is successful.
If you see the 'KERNEL' LED flashing on the NOE panel after 10 seconds following the
'The transfer operation completed SUCCESSFULLY' message getting returned,
this step must be repeated.
The executive firmware version 3.00 BIN file for the 'NOE 771 10' is named 'NOE77110.BIN'
The executive firmware version 3.00 BIN file for the 'NOE 771 00' is named 'NOE77100.BIN'
The executive firmware version 3.1 BIN file for the 'NOE 771 11' is named 'NOE77111.BIN'
- Download the 'WebLoader v2.2.2 SP2.zip' file and extract it to a folder (i.e., C;\WebLoader)
- Install the Web version 2.2.2 SP2 (NOE77100, NOE77110 or NOE77111) using the Web Loader utility
named 'put771.bat'. The batch file 'put771.bat' is located in the WebLoader directory and must be run
from DOS command prompt.
i.e., to run the batch file located in the 'C:\Web Loader' folder, type in the command followed by the
a space and the IP address of the NOE module.
Note: If the Factorycast Configurator is installed on the PC, it can also be used to download the
Web version 2.2.2 Service Pack 2 files to the 'NOE 771 10' module using the 'Restore
Defaults' function in FactoryCast version 2.2.2 Service Pack 2
- Restore the web configurations and/or customized web pages backed up in Step 1, if applicable.
- Reboot the NOE module using hot-swap procedure (lift the module off of the rack and place it back
onto the rack..