The purpose of this resolution is to provide information about the problem of a 'Runtime 13 type mismatch' error
getting returned when ProWORX 32 is started.
Windows 7, Windows 10
A Runtime Error 13 can be the result of one of the following four (4) problems.
- The "layout.acf" file is corrupted. You can try deleting the file. The file can be found under the PROWORX\32 folder.
(The file automatically gets recreated when ProWORX 32 starts.)
- The "prwx32.ini" is corrupted. You can try deleting the file. The file can be found under the PROWORX\32 folder.
(The file automatically gets recreated when ProWORX 32 starts.).
- There is a problem with the authorization. You can try to re-authorize the software.
- The 'comct332.ocx' file has been overwritten with either an unsupported or older version by a third party software
installation (i.e., Rosemount AMS software, Square D SMS software, etc.). ProWORX 32 installs version : 6.00.8450.
An unknown or older version of the 'comct332.ocx' file could cause ProWORX 32 to crash with a Runtime Error 13.
If you also have either the Rosemount 'AMS' software or Square D 'SMS' software installed, it is most likely that
the 'comct332.ocx' is either an unsupported or older version. The problem can be resolved using the following steps;
1.) Open a command prompt window
2.) Change the path to the Windows\System32 directory
3.) Type the following command to unregister the ocx file.
regsvr32 -u comct332.ocx
4) Locate and rename the 'comct332.ocx' file to 'comct332.ocx.old'.
5) Copy the latest version of the '.ocx' file into the windows\system32 directory.
6.) Open a command prompt window
7.) Change the path to the Windows\System32 directory
8.) Type the following command to register the '.ocx' file.
Note: Windows 98 and Windows ME users should be able to locate the 'comct332.ocx' file under the 'Windows\System'